• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Signal meter replacement

Knoxville

Mar 22, 2009
Noob question here. I have a Cobra 148. The signal meter is not working. There is no one near to me that fixes radios. Is this something I could do myself? Is it difficult? where would I get parts or do you think its just a connection?

Does the meter work when you put it on the other settings? (RF, SWR, etc.) If it does, then it's not the meter that's the problem and you're going to need to get someone to fix it for you.

However, if the meter doesn't work on any mode, then it's easy enough to fix. Before getting a new one open the radio up and find a little sticker on top of the meter. That sticker is covering up a little screw. The meter might just be stuck. You can try carefully loosening it up with a small screwdriver and see if that frees it up. Even a very small drop of oil might do the trick.

Mole gives you good advice here. You can also find them on Ebay for under 10.00 or so . Easy fix. Two wires and a soldering pencil and a fairly steady hand . But try Moles way first. Easy does it. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.