• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Silver Salute Desk Mic??

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Well, since Astatic does not make the D-104's anymore, and I did get a letter after I wrote them if anyone is interested in why they quit making them, I needed a desk mic that reminded me of the good 'ole days of Boat Anchors,Tubes and Keys...

I havn't really read anything on anyone posting anything on them... I was just wondering how many have used and like/dis-like the mics.

I love mine... Getting ready to order another matter of fact for my new radio I am ordering... I really like these and hope they stick around for a while.

Too bad Astatic wouldn't bring the venerable D-104 back but alass, at the time of the letter Astatic informed me there would be no plans to bring it back.

Update, I tried the Silver Salute on the Ranger RCI 6900 :D And my wife said LOUD,LOUD,LOUD and VERY clear... The amplification on this element is excellent... Man it had the 'ole Needle dancin' away...

It's a very nice Mic in my opinion... I like it alot!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.