• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SNOW 4.18.22

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
SNOW 4.18.22.JPG

SNOW II 4.18.22.JPG

My POOR Flowers!!!!:mad:

More snow since these taken about 1 hour ago
SAM_0206.JPG

That almost dead 40+ft pine tree, above you can see part of the "phasing" harness for my W8JK/80-15m wire antenna:LOL:

Last edited:

I don't have to worry about snow in Oklahoma this time of year. I work mainly in the panhandle of West Virginia, wedged between Ohio and Pennsylvania. We had some snow a couple of times while I was at work, nothing really stuck to the ground Thank goodness. One day while it was snowing I told a coworker, I couldn't live in this part of the country. Then he said something that never had registered with me, he looked at me and said, technically you do live in this part of the country. He was exactly right! It may only be two weeks at a time, but I actually live in that part of the country 6 months of the year :oops:
And I've grown very fond of West Virginia's Pepperoni Roll !!! LOL! I never looked at it that way but he's exactly right, I do live in that part of the country!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I live in Floriduh now. But when growing up in the lower part of Hamilton co. New York. The 1950's we had snow that didn't match the 1930's snow photos I've seen. But I do remember the plow running maybe three times a night Down shifting to a lower gear going passed our house. While waiting for the bus my brother, sisters and myself all with a shovel all making a path to the road. while working on the thruway in the 70's the white outs around western part of the state were crazy. cruising along at 60 MPH and suddenly all you could see were the two black wiper blades. No hood ornament NOTHING!! Something you don't want to witness.
On leave from the Army 1966 Christmas the road was clear at 10:00PM when we left church at 12:30 there was about 1and a half foot on the road. our car over heated as the grill/radiator was packed with snow. Wasn't too cold only about 20 below.
I don't like Floriduh But can't afford to leave (too old too).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?