• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So I got a SWR meter

R

RReaper

I picked up a SWR meter and hooked it up to my CB, which is an old Uniden 122 or something like that. Anyhow, I hooked it up in my car and to my 5' magnetic antenna. Now when I turn it on, the SWR is all the way down and only goes up when I push the button to talk, is this right? Also, the SWR would never go very high, but I thought only really good setups would stay low. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help is much appreciated, I'm new to this and just wanted to know. Also, what is the calibration button for??

</p>

Us ethe calibration button to calibrate the meter to the channel. Usually there will be a knob so that you can make the needle move to the calibration point on the scale. Then check your SWR in that mode on channel 40 and channel 1. It will only register with the mike keyed. make sure that you aren't parked near metal and have your doors closed when testing. A reading of 1.5 or lower is good, but the lower the better.

</p>

Read Chargers post under Meters and Test equiptment

www.chargerscastle.com/cbstuff/setting_.htm

I helped me understand SWRs.

skeetermansig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.