• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Someone verify this

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
There is a Messenger M400 on Ebay for sale. The seller states that the transistor configuration is 1 MRF455 driving 4 2SC2879s. I thought the M400s had 1 455 driving 4 MRF454s or 2290s depending on the year built. I am thinking the box has been modified or the seller can't see the actual finals because of the copper grounding strip that is installed over all the finals. The pictures of the amp are all of the outside, no inside shots. I wouldn't mind having it if it hasn't been raped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110800892945

I also seen that amp...

Fleebay is a funny place where they will remove certian amps and leave others like a class "c" Dave made...

ALL AMPS can be made to transmit on 11 meter. But remove a good amp like a messenger that was designed for 10 meter with class a/b biasing.

the banned list inc. Maco,Texas Star, Messenger,D/A and a few others:confused:

pretty sad if you ask me

I also seen that amp...

Fleebay is a funny place where they will remove certian amps and leave others like a class "c" Dave made...

ALL AMPS can be made to transmit on 11 meter. But remove a good amp like a messenger that was designed for 10 meter with class a/b biasing.

the banned list inc. Maco,Texas Star, Messenger,D/A and a few others:confused:

pretty sad if you ask me

Texas Stars were left alone for the longest time on Ebay but they get pulled as fast as the others now. Disgruntled ham operators complaining to Ebay which makes no sense since Ham and CB radio use is dying off. Messenger made the nicest amps of all the old schoolers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.