• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SOS Scout

Walkin' the dog
Sep 12, 2009
Chilliwack, BC
www.youtube.com
I have this unit with 8 tubes.
The big ones are 6ME6, anyone know what tubes the linear should have?

21e7121.jpg

If they work those are the ones it should have. Maybe not the ones it came with new, but it could have been changed over in the 25+ years it has been around. Typically that amp came with LQ's as finals driven by JG's.
A search of this and the CBTricks forum will provide many posts on the Scout line of amps.

One other thing is that those tubes need to have the dirt cleaned off them. Make sure you discharge the HV before attemping to remove them. The dirt on them will keep the heat they develop inside instead of outside. A paper towel dampened with water or Windex will do the job very well and they will look like new afterwards.
Make sure you are careful when removing the plate caps from the final tubes. Do not let the caps move while removing the clip.

Ok thanks.

Can you tell me wht these tubes will put out?
I see this:

PentodePlate Voltage ................................. 770 VGrid No. 2 Voltage ............................ 220 V
Plate Dissipation ............................. 17 W
Grid No. 2 Dissipation ........................ 3.5 W
Grid No. 1 Circuit Resistance Fixed Bias .................................. 2.2M ΩBulb Temperature (At Hottest Point) ........... 220 °C

I would think the drivers have more watts than this, I think the amps are class C ??

The Finals are

Plate Voltage ................................. 990 V
Grid No. 2 Voltage ............................ 220 V
Plate Dissipation ............................. 30 W
Grid No. 2 Dissipation ........................ 5 W

Whats the real deal?

Sorry for being such a n00b, going in a complete circle here....

4 driving 4......what is the main characteristic of this set up?

thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.