• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sprucing up a Lafayette

Thanks for the .pdf file and the detailed info. Sorry about your calculator! My next question is where can I buy a 41.10 crystal? I have been searching the internet, Ebay, etc., without any luck. I tried to go to Kens Electronics, but google said the site was unavailable. Any ideas?

Scout, you are right! I called them today and ordered a crystal. Great people to deal with.

I just discovered that a resistor located in the middle of the chassis has been cut on one end. How can the radio still work with an inoperative resistor? I guess I'll be on the phone to Ken's again!

Sprucing

From your posts it looks like some one had their sweaty little hands in that radio, I hate when people do that, can you resolder the old one, if not you can probobly get one at KENS or RADIO SHACK. Kens should also have the SAMS PHOTO FAX repair manual for that radio.

Last edited:
Good advice, thanks. I'll be calling Ken's early next week. I bought the radio knowing it was old and in questionable condition. In a way I guess I'm lucky I didn't find more problems. I'll let you know how things turn out. JB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.