• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stacking Antenna's

loboman

Oct 26, 2009
Reno, NV
What are the issues with stacking two antenna's on the same mast?
I have a scanner antenna on a mast on my garage - Can I put a CB antenna above the scanner antenna?
Thanks for the help.

The biggest 'effect' is how they can interact. When that interaction isn't really objectionable, then it's fine.
I think I'd put that scanner antenna on top. They are usually fairly small/light, and height always helps. How much higher? Beats me, whatever you can manage. Then remember that since that scanner antenna is close to an RF source, the scanner is going to 'see' that source of RF VERY well! Hope you don't have any CB channels plugged into it, sort of...
- 'Doc

I have a scanner antenna on the same mass with my cb ant above it. Some times the scanner locks up, and other times it doesn't. I find other scanners don't lock up at all, while my bear cat 200xlt locks up on ever channel.

However I must admit your antennas will probably be much farther apart then mine, at the closest point there is probably do more then 2 feet between the elements of each on the antennas, so I think you will be fine

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.