• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

static-electrical noise on base

S

sparkplug549

I have a lot of static on my base setup and would like to know what is the best way to quite it down some. It sounds like noise from a power line. I have a ground plane that is mounted up against the house which is about 100 ft. away from a transformer. What about grounding the antenna, radio, amp or must i get some type of filter. I plan on putting the antenna on top of my old tower which has a tv antenna on it at this time. That would put it above the power line level, would that help? Any help out there.

Thanks sparkplug549

</p>

If it is in fact the tranformer see if it can be replaced by the power company. Many moons ago I had a buddy who went round and round with a company over interference.
mad.gif
They did finally have to come and replace it. It seems a "stray" 22 cal. bullet had pierced the transformer and it ended up failing.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
happy.gif

Wayne C.

CDX-787

mobile/base

Magna Force 900

HR2600/Kenwood TS-430S

MR. COILY Single Coil/Wolf .64 ground plane

D104M6B/MC-60 desk

Every man is a damn fool for at least 5 minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

educate-01sig.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.