• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stinger board in a handheld

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
does this not sound like a terrible idea?
I am thinking nimh batteries, small stinger board and heat sink for the boards finals, mounted inside an old handheld CB, like one of the old radio shack units.

why? to see who can talk the longest before the RF burn becomes too much to stand

Let us know how that turns out for you. You should still have one good hand to type with after you try it.

does this not sound like a terrible idea?
I am thinking nimh batteries, small stinger board and heat sink for the boards finals, mounted inside an old handheld CB, like one of the old radio shack units.

why? to see who can talk the longest before the RF burn becomes too much to stand

The single 1446 Stinger boards were even a bad idea in a Cobra 25/29, they had issues. RM Italy makes a KL-203 stinger board as well, never heard much about them. Off hand I would say :thumbdown: on the idea.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.