• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-10-A Antenna opinions wanted

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Bought one of these antennas over a year ago with the magnet mount because people said they were great antennas. Mounted it in the center of the roof of my Chevy cobalt and it tuned out really well but was really never impressed with the contacts I made with it. ( Only Local ) Of coarse one of my first radios I tried with it was my Bummer McKinley so I can't blame that on the antenna. Here is what I'm wondering ! It is marketed as a Cb & 10 meter antenna and has those Blue Led lites that lite-up when you transmit so I did a little experiment early one morning when the lighting was still dim outside. First I transmitted with the stock radio at only 4 watts and the Blue LEDs barely lit up, Then I kicked on my KL-203-P and transmitted and the Blue LEDs lit right up bright like they should. So the question is are those Blue LEDs consuming some of those meager 4 Watts of transmit power making you get out less far? If so maybe it is a better 10 Meter Antenna then a CB antenna. Whats your thoughts, I'm no radio engineer?

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.