• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stupid question about amps

ddbddg1

Dec 18, 2011
sheridan wyoming
im pretty sure i already know but just to make sure i dont blow something up....can i use my small 50 watt amp to drive my bigger 400 watt amp??
just thought i would like to get a little more out of my 400
thanks in advance

I drive my 2/2879 amp with 50 watts drive from my ts-430s kenwood and get stellar reports from guys with them big scopy things on their Icoms but as stated it depends on the amp and who built it and I know who built mine:whistle: and it's a true high drive.

Got to have that dampening thing happening:love:

well the one i wanted to use as a driver is a mirage m75 and the 400 watter looks like a home built rig really well built but there is no name anywhere on it and no numbers either. ll i know is the guy i bought it from said it was 400 watts.
both crappy amps i know i just thought i could use the mirage to drive with a little more.
bout ready to chunk em both in the garbage but cant afford anythin better right now.
thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.