• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

suggestions needed...

QRO

Jun 16, 2005
Florida
Looking to get some equipment for a motorhome.. I got the motorhome used and it has a lame little (2foot) antenna mounted on the top of the aluminum ladder on the back of the motorhome. The coach is all fiberglass so a ground plane to use a good antenna will be a challenge.

I was emailing the fellow that makes the predator 10K and I think I will give it a try, hopefully I can tune it to low swr.
Since I will mainly be on 1 channel (19) I don't need a wide banded antenna. I also do not want to run an amp, but having good ears is a must. I do not have size limits, meaning I am not wanting a little rubber ducky because big antennas look ugly kinda guy, BUT I think if I get carried away, antenna MIGHT hit bridges, hehehe .. Motorhome from floor to top of ACs is 12 feet, and I THINK I can get way with mounting a 10K so that the coils are with the roofline or a little above. And have enough wire sticking up there that I might be OK.

My question is about the radio, what do you guys suggest to get? I do not need sideband or out of band capabilities, but I want a cb with good receive, I have played with some 30 dollar units and they leave allot to be desired on signal quality.

I would like to peak and tune the radio :)

I have been reading allot on these forums and finally decided to ask, since allot of the posts consisted of high-power or out of band use.

thanks allot guys/gals

Thanks Peddler...

I assume this can be peaked and tuned right?

I also would like feedback on antenna before I run out and try anything...

Uniden would have been my choice... A good P&T and a good Power Mic... As Motor Homes aren't near as loud inside as a big truck... So a good Power Mic like a D-104 Hand Held would help to get your modulation up.

I have the Galaxy 959DX in the Blazer with that Power Mic... No background noise and very, very nice Audio compared to the stock mic... Much better Audio punch for a Stock radio. :)

Whats your views for antenna? Should I give that 10K a try? I would hate to buy something that level for bandwidth I will not use.. I want a good antenna for the low power level, but Im just worried about not having a ground plane for the antenna system...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.