• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SUPERSTAR 4900B

oh if you get this radio. and have a tech fix the mic gain, or just to have a mic wired for it have them remove the wire from the center pin number 6 that will stop you from acidently frying the CPU. that what happens there is power on pin 6 to power the stock mic.
now if your real brave you can use that number 6 pin to power any of your power mics, and never have to install or replace a battery again. :)

just thought of that. LOL

I am going to remove the wire off of pin 6 more than likely unless the stock mic is salvageable. Otherwise its gonna get my echomaxx 2000 put on it. As for the mic gain rheostat, I will probably replace it with a similar one in value.

so does anyone have one working or not for parts? or want to buy one for parts. I don't need it it so i guess i'm looking to clean out some of my shelf space in the basement,

"Fire communications has one for sale at $350!!!!! tHATS MORE THAN THEY COST NEW!".

you're not getting fully functional 4900B's complete (conversion & alignment) with WinScanner Software and fully enabled RS232 Port for less. 10WFM, 10WC/40WPEPAM and 40WPEPCW/SSB.

they're being bought up for use as 10M Beacon transmitters specifically for their computer interface/automation capabilities.

we do buy non-working 4900 and 4900B's. we do not sell the CPU's.

yous guys want to sell a 4900b

hi guys, im after a 4900 galaxy i bought 1 from a friend of mine named ray i was wiring a silver eagle upto it and shorted out the pins on the mic mther cpu is a lc 72338 im after anyone who wants to sell a working 4900b or 1 that needs repair, im in australia ill pay shipping etc,thx david

I also have one I bought years ago that I need parts for starting with a mic although I can just wire one if I decide to start on this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.