• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SuperStar grant?

R

RollingRadios

I STRONGLY recommend a 3900, not the "new" Grant. It's not what you remember it to be.

Wm. Warlock "671 in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

anyone ever use this radio? is it the same as the president model? I'm looking to purchase a radio for a teenage girl that would be going in a jeep. she likes the midland 79-290 but I'm against getting that radio due to the poor adjacent channel filtering. any info on a half way decent ssb rig with at least 120 channels would be a help. the superstar looks like it would fit her needs well. thanks

CDX235</p>

I've got a 'newer' Superstar Grant and haven't had any trouble with it.

Only thing I did not care for in this radio is no variable power. So I did that myself, using the RF gain knob as the output power knob. This setup has been working fine in my mobile for well over a year now.

I documented the changeover to variable power, so If you get one of these radios let me know and I'll send you the link to same.

It's also somewhere buried on the archives of this board I think.

Fuzz

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=buttfuzz@worldwidecbradioclub>ButtFuzz</A> 
globalBlack.gif
at: 12/12/02 2:52:36 pm

I'll have to crack it open to get the board number. It's a standard eptz36xxx, I think. The PLL is a MC145106, so the freq possibilities are quite large.

There was a discussion or two just recently on the board discussing unlocking the clarifier. I know it can be done but I have no reason to do so.

Also, as mentioned by others here, the Superstar Grant is ranger-boarded clone, not at all inside like the old Uniden Grant EXPORT radio.

Works just fine, nonetheless. I'll get you the info you need in a day or so as soon as I can get home and crack open the case to get you a board no.

Fuzz

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.