• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Support California's Proposition 13, For Your Own Good

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
A lot of Californians are unaware of who Howard Jarvis was and what Proposition 13 means to ALL Californians.

Proposition 13 affects (protects) renters too, not just home owners, from exorbitant property taxes. Back in the 70's, California raised the property taxes so high, that many people were going to loose their homes. Howard Jarvis got Proposition 13 placed on the ballot and support was overwhelming.

Many years have passed since Prop 13 was implemented and there are millions of people who benefit from it without even realizing it.

The California Legislature has been trying to dismantle Prop 13 since the day it was passed because it took away the tyrannical methods they employed to extract outrageous amounts of money from hard-working Californians through extremely high property taxes.

Proposition 13 is now under the most aggressive attacks ever. If Prop 13 were to get overturned by the democratically-controlled California legislature, renters will see their rent go up, as the property owners will have no choice but to increase the rent to cover the increased property taxes they will incur.

If Prop 13 is overturned, and you think it's only property owners that will be affected, then you'll be unpleasantly surprised when your monthly rent increases by hundreds of dollars.

Go to the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers' Association site to see what the CA legislature is trying to do to all of us, and what HJTA is doing to fight them.

Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association: PROTECTING TAXPAYERS' RIGHTS

If you think you can't afford to support Prop 13 every now and then (like I've been doing for decades), at least become aware of the battle and spread the word ... for your own good.

I'm mailing in my annual $30. to help the HJTA fight the people in Sacramento so we all can continue to afford living here without a huge tax burden being thrust upon us.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.