• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Switch mods uniden 78

Eagleeye

Apr 30, 2016
I need to be able to use the ch 9 switch on a uniden 78ltw for a different mod. All wires are already removed from the switch. What needs to be done to get the normal channel functions back?

If your going to be doing a "different mod" on that ch9 switch and the wires are already removed can't you just use the switch then for your mod? Or will your new mod not play well with something that's already done to the radio?

Using the switch isnt the problem. Putting the loose wires is the problem. With everything unhooked, channel display is blank. If i tie the black with the grey it shows normal channels, if i tie black with orange, it shows ch 9. So i am sure i dont need the orange wire. Have no tx though. (Maybe from one of the other mods done which i will check later). Just wanting to make sure that all my bases are covered with the wires off of the switch

You have to pay attention to how the wires were connected to the switch. Make a note before disconnecting them and then use an ohm meter on the switch to find what wires need to be tied together.

I trace the wires back to the board, remove the unnecessary ones and use short jumpers. Looks much cleaner than a bunch of long wires.

You have to pay attention to how the wires were connected to the switch. Make a note before disconnecting them and then use an ohm meter on the switch to find what wires need to be tied together.

I trace the wires back to the board, remove the unnecessary ones and use short jumpers. Looks much cleaner than a bunch of long wires.

Yeah, thats the problem. The wires were already disconnected before i could make mote of their position

Yeah, thats the problem. The wires were already disconnected before i could make mote of their position

Ok, i got it. Just the 2 wires black and grey was all that needed back together, my other problems were caused by bad wiring on a roger beep. So it is fixed. Thanks for the input

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.