• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR

yes..

but the swr frequency's needs to be designed for whatever vhf and or uhf frequency's you need check the swr's for

Later

Hey..

I never realised Diamond had that...
to cover 900 and 1.2 bands..

will have to pick one up..
Diamond makes good equipment..

Later

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
yes..

but the swr frequency's needs to be designed for whatever vhf and or uhf frequency's you need check the swr's for

say WHAT??

Do you mean that the SWR meter or bridge needs to be able to work at VHF/UHF? I haven't seen many frequencies specifically "designed" for anything.

Beetle said:
say WHAT??

Do you mean that the SWR meter or bridge needs to be able to work at VHF/UHF? I haven't seen many frequencies specifically "designed" for anything.
You won't see any specs like that with a Dosy! ;)

An SWR meter needs to to be designed for the band you want to use it on. There are HF meters, VHF meters, and VHF/UHF meters.

Bird wattmeters can also be used to check SWR by reading the forward and reflected power and using a VSWR Chart. As you know, you need to use the correct slug based on the frequency you are testing.

Master Chief - I was responding to KingCobra's post earlier (yesterday afternoon):

Quote:
yes..

but the swr frequency's needs to be designed for whatever vhf and or uhf frequency's you need check the swr's for \\Endquote.

I'm fully aware of the need for using the correct equipment. That post I quoted seems to say the FREQUENCY has to be designed for the FREQUENCY....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned