• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

taking out a BR-1 echo/reverb board

B

BOOTY MONSTER

ive got this BR-1 reverb/echo toy in my 78ltw and i want to take it out . according to http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/accessories/sound_toys/magnum/br_1/index.htm on the install sheet there are only 3 wires going to the board/radio . can i just cut/clip those wires to take it out and the radio still perform correctly , abiet without echo/reverb ? sparkys did the install when i got the radio from him .
just to clarify , i chose that board because at the time it was the only one he had that would fit in my radio with the weather board . i am very happy with the radio and his work . i just chose the wrong echo board for my taste .

the answer to your ? Booty is yes , unless Sparky did it differently. Don't feel bad man , cheap is cheap . I still say if one is going to go cheap in the echo reverb department they can go DM452 mic or Astatic echo board , there not the best , but set right they will give a very nice sound for conversation.

There's a lot better ones out there and the cost usually will show that. I use the TRB-1 RF-Limited/Magnum , I've used many others and this one gives me the sound I perfer. Good luck to you.

2018 is very close to the TRB-1 :) although the 2018s will eat them 9 volters up pretty quick if you use it alot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.