• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry T-Command (AM 858) Expo Kit Broadbanding

wcsd106

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone familiar with the method required to broadband the Teaberry T-Command base when an expo kit is installed?

I picked up a nice T-Command radio this week and found that it already had an expo kit installed in it. It puts out nice power on the normal 40 channels, but drops off sharply anytime you go outside of the normal 40.

I know that on the SSB 858 chassis, there was a mod for L37 I believe that helped spread the power out evenly.

Any help is appreciated. Thank You

OK Thank You. I'd been looking through Master Mods Volume 2... I purchased some discs on ebay several years ago that had all the secret cb, master mods, etc on them... they're very poor scans but they are readable.

The widebanding mod for the SSB chassis was for L37 but L17 in the AM chassis appears to be the same thing. I'm going to do some more research and see if maybe that mod will cross over.

L17 is your dual adjustment TX mixer can in the AM only 858 chassis, and yes, you should be able to cut the traces to the secondaries and jumper to the primaries instead, just like with L37 in the SSB chassis.

i have not done this, just looked at the schematic, but i cant see a reason that it wouldnt work.

just remember to have the radio unplugged, work in a static free environment, and always touch the tip of the soldering iron to the chassis of the radio just before soldering on this part, as that FET is very static sensitive.

also, you will want to retune those coils by bouncing back and forth between your top and bottom freqs for the best spread of power.

good luck,
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.