• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tecsun 880 broke on me

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
i owned it since the new update begin years ago. best radio i ever used. was charging battery couple days ago and smelled that magic smoke smell. it fried the battery charger.
it still works on charged batterys,however battery life is shorter.
i bought a charger for the batterys n keep em charged. id try to fix it but id say cost outruns value.
however it still has great recieve and great audio. if it completely dies i will prolly buy another 880

I use a Sangean ATS-909X2 and Eton E1.

Never owned a Tecsun but they are highly regarded.

Reactions: Rwb
i will buy another tecsun
I agree, I absolutely love Tecsun Radios. I have the PL-880 too and it really pulls in those shortwave stations especially if I go out in the back yard and get away from all of the RF Interference. I need to get an outdoor antenna setup and run some coax in to my office to my radios.

I have the H-501X and S-8800 in transit and should be on my doorstep at the beginning of next week. Can't wait to try them out!

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?