• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 350 high drive

E

E-man

I got a texas star 350 and it does not come on any at all? I am either needing a tech manual or someone who knows what to check to fix it. A good service manual would be great so i can check everything in it and try and pinpoint the bad part. But at this point i don't know where to start.

I do know when i opened it up there was some brown corrosion around alot of the solder points. Is there anything you can spray on it to clean it or will i need to do it by hand? Could the corrosion be the problem? Thanks

E-man said:
I got a texas star 350 and it does not come on any at all? I am either needing a tech manual or someone who knows what to check to fix it. A good service manual would be great so i can check everything in it and try and pinpoint the bad part. But at this point i don't know where to start.

I do know when i opened it up there was some brown corrosion around alot of the solder points. Is there anything you can spray on it to clean it or will i need to do it by hand? Could the corrosion be the problem? Thanks

Is the fuse blowed on the inside?

If it don't look like a normal fuse then i don't really know what to look for. The one on the outside inline on the power wire is not blown. Is it the tall clear looking box?

E-man said:
If it don't look like a normal fuse then i don't really know what to look for. The one on the outside inline on the power wire is not blown. Is it the tall clear looking box?

It's a fuse like what's in a vehical's fuse pannel.Square two legged.Just pull it out and check and see if it's blowed.

I found some wiring diagrams on the net for my cb and they don't show a fuse on the inside. And the diagrams are exactly like what is in my box. I don't know what to check now though. :?

E-man said:

If you don't know what a fuse looks like, what good is a service manual going to do for you?

I mean, you at least need to know what a component looks like to be able to find it on the board. Linears usually aren't marked.

Now, to answer your question. Texas Star uses ATC type blade fuses in amps that size, usually. It might be an AGC inline *messenger used AGU, WAY better fuses, IMO*.

Do you get any lights at all? If not, chances are the trace is blown that goes from B+ to the power rail on the power switch. Try the pre-amp or RX Amp switch as well. If neither come on, your not getting power.

I'd say take it to someone that knows what they are doing, honestly. Your problem <<sounds>> like an honest half hour job... If it's the blown trace, and that's a fairly common problem in mobile texas stars... The things start sagging, and a little bit of chassis flex will put them into a kilter.

--Toll_Free

If you don't know what your doing take it to a tech that knows.

you can hurt yourself. Capacitors can still hold charge even when the amp is not turned on.

Lots of people have died playing with there amps.

Not sure if a 350hd will hold that much charge, but its better safe than sorry.

4600turbo said:
If you don't know what your doing take it to a tech that knows.

you can hurt yourself. Capacitors can still hold charge even when the amp is not turned on.

Lots of people have died playing with there amps.

Not sure if a 350hd will hold that much charge, but its better safe than sorry.

That is more dangerous powered then off.
12 volt dc power

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.