• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the 102" whip

BIONIC_TEXAN88

Aug 1, 2005
TEXAS PINEYWOODS
this weekend I hooked back up my trusty ole 102" whip. I have it mounted in the middle on the top lid of my toolbox, groundstraps going from mount to frame. using kale's 10k stud mount, 4" spring, and the 102". I have a general a.p. hill in there and decided to check my swr's on all 6 bands with a 5w dk on my rat shack meter. on band a on channel 1 (25.615) I have a 1.7 and all the way through on channel 40 of band f (28.305) I have a 1.8. On band D (cb band) i have flat swr's thru the band.

I have been thru a couple wilson 1000's and a couple predator 10k's but always find myself going back to my ole whip. Nothing was wrong with either one of the wilsons or 10k's at all. I know the 10k is a better antenna on rx/tx than the whip, especially going down the road at high speeds, but for durability, great performance, and price, the 102" still does it for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.