• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The 5/8 and .64 debate!

I haven't used a beam in several years.

The GM works DX well, but conditions are spotty now. Local contacts are almost non-existent, and have been since DX started up last.

Land is flat in my area and I'm about 75' feet above sea level in my area of Houston and Houston shows an average near 50' feet, so I'm sitting high in the forest.

I use a barefoot Gaxaxy DX 2547 on ssb, and at times I have little to no problems making contacts.
Do you use the GM much on 10m?

Hey Marconi,

I'd like to see patterns of both:
a horizontal 1/4 wave radial fitted .625 (ie: P500 / I-10K)
&
a horizontal 1/4 wave radial fitted .64, (6.5" longer than the 22' 6" .625)
EACH at:

1) 72' at the radials,

2) 72' to the bottom of the top 1/2 wave (radials at 67.5')

3) 72' at the high current node, 1/4 wave down from the top, (radials at 58.5').

I plan to install one this coming weekend at the best of these 3 heights - according to how your graphic patterns look.

- If you have the time & energy that is.

NB, did you ever complete this testing you noted above?

I know I was late in responding to your request, but I would be interested in your results.

NB, did you ever complete this testing you noted above?

I know I was late in responding to your request, but I would be interested in your results.
Have only been able to elevate the P500 at this QTH to 1 wavelength due to a buggered up mast. I actually have to take it all down and rework, straighten, and just basically refresh the mast before I'll be able to raise it to 54' at the radials.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.