• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THE NEW UNIDENS~~~

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
I think that they will be a great scanner just like the Bc780 XLT!! The only problem i see with mine is that it has "NO "rejection of near used freq's!! I have bleed over, so i hope they will change that little problem, other than that, it has GREAT receive, probably the best i have come across so far!!! I will rate my Uniden Bc780 xlt a "8" on a 10 scale!!!!

Here is a good link for these scanners:www.scannerworld.com/

lincoln2.bmp

CDX-401 </p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=211inthamag>211 in tha mag</A> at: 9/8/02 10:16:41 am

What is your opinion of Uniden requiring the purchase of the extra APCO 25 digital card, in order to use the digital decoding features? The price of the card is about the same as the scanner itself. Allegedly, if the digital format changes, you just get a new card with the new format encoded in it. $$$

</p>

I think uniden knows what they are doing and i think they are trying to make as much money off that situation as they can! I also think it real stupid to charge that much money for something that will have it in a scanner a year or two from know for the same price! BUT, rest assure that these prices will not hold, because the consumer is NOT going to pay that kind of price and they will have no chioce but to drop the price!!! But other than that, i think with the combo, it will be a HELL of a scanner and a hard one to beat! BUT, compare the AOR scanner to this and see the price difference! you pay for what you get.

lincoln2.bmp

"CDX-401" </p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.