• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

took ground to battery...

I had a 257 for 1 day, put it in my car and drove to work, as I pulled up to the first stop light after leaving home, the needle started to climb up to the red with white noise/interference, it pegged the meter with noise as I pulled away it started to come down, same thing at every stop light, I work on the strip in Vegas, the meter was pegged constantly on Las Vegas Blvd, I never had that problem with any of my other radios, I bought the 257 because of space issues in my Mustang GT, I sold that radio on E-Bay to a guy who wanted it as a base, I explained why I was selling the radio to him, probably worked good for him in the country but, never looked back at the 257 because of the noise/interference it had, I know others who don't have any problems with interference with theirs and swear by them but, for where I live and work, it just didn't work out. Widowmaker

it's pretty sensitive, but nothing compared to the 75wxst i had..
there's definitely one severe "hot spot" and a couple of smallies between work and home but i've learned where they are and crank down the volume when nearing the monster :) everything else i can live with. i guess it's a plusses over negatives thing? I'm hearing the whole world on it, just can't seem to reach out to them :) and size was a biggie too, i wanted it in-dash and there's no way a full size radio was going to do the trick, so....

i'm training for the ham lic. so worst case scenario is the Mag becomes a base and i look at something else for the Ram :(

GT, nice
i had an '05 GT vert... on gorgeous days like this i really miss it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.