• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram 1499 base antenna

in reality they don't know Jack Shit.

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt.

Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Miss O. Needeep They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married her cousin Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chick N. Schitt.

Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Now when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt," you can correct them

David

If it works well for your install that's great, but we have some very knowledgeable members here with vast antenna experience and I can tell you not a single one of them would recommend that antenna so I wouldn't spend time trying to convince anyone otherwise.

I read the TRAM 1499 packaging this morning as I’d come across it having forgotten to remove it from truck:

50’ coax recommended as “Best” for results in use

(18’ recommended as “good”)

And while spending to buy this isn’t the issue — performance is — haven’t I seen some brag about tuning practically random pieces of metal?

If that is so, then this thread topic antenna just falls somewhere along a spectrum.

IOW, so what?

There’ll be others wondering NOT whether to buy (that’s a different question), but how to make it work.

My statement doesn’t constitute having taken one side of an argument or another as there isn’t an argument being shown, per se.

That argument would be other than anecdotal.

Lack of evidence isn’t “evidence”.

1). It’s an antenna available at retail.

2). Folks are going to try to make it work

3). Given instructions, HOW to do that is the worthy post.

I don’t like Ford pickups, so I wouldn’t bother trying to dissuade someone who already has one.

It’s a business-vehicle and a flat terrible personal vehicle such that optimization is baseline performance, record-keeping, and planned use. Justification.

In this instance maybe it’s:

Installation

Field Strength Chart

Etc.

(Provide tool suggestion & tool-use that the owner can prove things to himself which will withstand scrutiny)

Call it a training bra. A dummy load. A scanner antenna. A boat dock antenna. Whatever.

“Description” works. As suitable replacements will all pretty much need more space, parts, attachments, etc, don’t forget to add that.

Last edited:
Reactions: WECSOG
mowerjunkie.

About (3) air-miles across level ground from mount above garage roof. That’ll getcha around the neighborhood. One can see why this’d work from a boat dock pier. Campground radio from pole on RV ladder. Etc.

Sounded good at the 2-mile mark. $9 eBay radio to decent mobile.

Just have to figure where to place 50’ coax.

Someone searches this forum, we’ve tried.

Last edited:
Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt.

Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Miss O. Needeep They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married her cousin Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chick N. Schitt.

Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Now when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt," you can correct them

David

And Bull and Pisa's son Cheap made a career selling CB antennas. .......

Reactions: Slowmover
Tell me it ain't so,................. the girl at Walmart (where they are also sold) , didn't say that

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TRAM-1499-CB-Base-Antenna-No-Ground-Plane-For-All-Applications/47360212
The girl at Wal Mart fed you a story the she and her manager made up to liquidate inventory.
This is a tactic used by all stores or outlets to get rid of crap they can't sell and what's ironic about it is most folks who are customers will believe every word they salesman tells them because the customer always assumes the salesman is some kinda expert in nothing but a hustle

The average American citizen is just dumb.. no wonder all other countrys hate us and make fun of us

I'm gonna use a word I learned in the 3rd grade..
That word is, Dumbfounded, I've never heard this word used by anybody or anything but it is a real word.

Does anybody know anything about the tram 1499 base antenna have a height limit where I live
I'm in the process of installing a tram 1498b as my main antena.. Covers 26 to 32 mhtz 18 feet tall go's for around 125 to 160 depending on dealer.. Got mine at walbots in NYC for 124 come in black or white

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated