• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TVI, etc.

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I realize that different radios can cause different levels of TVI, but I never realized how much difference a radio can make until tonite. I used to use an HR-2510 for my base with a Joker 2-pill. I had no TVI with the I-10K antenna, 30 feet off the roof (to the base). Tonite I put the Magnum 257 on the base. Now I get some TVI. Pretty good TVI, too. I guess I knew that the radio would make a difference, but I didn't realize how much. I'm grounded up the wazoo (radio, amp, antenna), low pass filter in between radio and amp, and another after amp. Antenna is nice and high into air, and I'm using RG-213 coax. Anybody got any ideas or solutions?

Moleculo

</p>

No power increase mods that I know of. Power looked stock on my meter. I actually then turned it down a bit to run into Joker 2-pill.

Moleculo

</p>

My Titan and 257 definately pick up a bit of motor noise in the vehicle. I wonder why you ask?

Moleculo

</p>

the 257 i have picks up noise in the semi? i may not have a good ground though.but mt ranger 6900 is nice and quite except for heater fan noise.

hello 31

santa

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.