• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TVI trap. help

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
besides the $5.000 spectrum analyser is there another way to reset the tvi trap on cb radio. i bought a use radio and it seems the previous owner mess with the tvi slug.:confused::

Last edited:

$5k for a tvi scope????

thats kinda high. i've NEVER seen one sell for more than $2k

$5k for a tvi scope????

thats kinda high. i've NEVER seen one sell for more than $2k

i got that from a few cb shops i call they said they didn't have the $5.000
spectrum analyser to check it with

Last edited:
i got that from a few cb shops i call they said they didn't have the $5.000
scope to check it with

That sounds like a spectrum analyzer and not a scope. You need a spectrum analyzer to look at harmonics. A quick and dirty way to get it close enough is to transmit while watching your TV tuned to channel 2 (second harmonic) or channel 5 (third harmonic) and tuning the slug for minimum interference.

That sounds like a spectrum analyzer and not a scope. You need a spectrum analyzer to look at harmonics. A quick and dirty way to get it close enough is to transmit while watching your TV tuned to channel 2 (second harmonic) or channel 5 (third harmonic) and tuning the slug for minimum interference.

dddddddddddddd

thanks thats the magic word i just re edit my post. so channel 2 or 5 with no antenna connected to the tv.?? and radio next to it i have no cb antenna on my house so dummy load it is.(y)(y)

Another cheap and cheerful way to do it would be to look for the 2nd or third harmonic around 54 and 81 mhz respectively on a scanner and tune the slug for minimum signal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.