• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 530e channel display

gregcooper

May 19, 2012
Does anyone know of a link to a schematic for this radio? I need to fix the display, and I want to transplant a new one in it, I have no idea what channel I'm on anymore. They don't have replacement ones anymore, so I guess a hybrid transplant will have to do, I have tons of extra displays here at home. I got the radio almost free, and it works fine otherwise. Thanks.

I decided to mess with this again today. worst case, throw it in the trash. I cut the channel section off the display. I figured nothing would work on it anymore, but the rx/tx lights still function, as well as the bar meter, so I lucked out. All I really have to do now is figure out how to wire up the new display. There are 13 pins on the old one, and 16 on the replacement. Then I will just epoxy the new display in after I figure it out. The bottom of the old display section I cut off had 8 pins on the bottom section, and 5 on top. The new one is 8 on top, 8 on the bottom.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.