• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC122XL

Chosenbc

Aug 24, 2011
Central Massachusetts
So I bought a PC122XL and it turns on, changes channels, and with the volume up I hear static, but that's about all it does. I connected my brand new Galaxy DX959 mic to the unit, and it does not transmit or receive. It is not keying up, and when put next to my DX959 and I transmit on that unit, it does not receive anything on the pc122xl. I have done the opposite, but again no transmit. I have pulled it apart, and fixed some bad solder joints, but I totally at a loss as where to start. I checked all the diodes, resistors, and caps on the small pcb board that has the volume, squelch, rf gain, and clarifier pots on it and they are all fine. But I am new to the CB world and am willing to take the time and challenge of trying to repair this mini-beast to its former glory. Please help if you may.

Thanks!

Check L13, that is the VCO. If you adjust it a touch and she comes in, you're good. You may also have to adjust L38 also, which "triples" the 5.12 mhz signal off the PLL. If L38 is out of adjustment, that can also cause it to not TX or RX. Provided the radio hasn't been hacked into, it could be either one (or both) of those cans. Good luck!

~Cheers~

(edit) L13 will have a blob of wax over the hole. Be careful when you pull the wax out of the hole so you don't crack the slug inside.
L13 will be left center of the radio. L38 will be just left of the PLL chip labelled D2824C.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.