• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC68, Magnum 257, or Cobra 25...?

P

PhyreBlayde

Hey all, I'm looking to get another radio, and from lurking around this forum it seems like pretty much any radio can be modded to really "reach out and touch" someone. But I don't see a lot about being able to receive. Except for the big radios like the Uniden Grant, Galaxy 959, Cobra 148, etc, which are just a little too big (this is going into a little 4-wheeler). I am looking for a smaller radio between 6" and 61/3" in width that has really, really good Rx, (IE, Best range and clarity) and these three seem to be the best compromise. The smaller ones (Cobra 18/Uniden Pro520XL) all seem to be way too underpowered. Which one would you suggest? Are there any other/better choices?

</p>

I have the Magnum 257 in my Jeep....works pretty good but the RX is noisy like all Magnums. It does fit the bill for me, though....small, plenty of power, good frequency coverage. I also have a Uniden 520 in another vehicle. I think for a basic AM 40 channel radio, it's not a bad little radio. But really, the biggest factor in RX is your antenna. What kind of vehicle are you using and what are your antenna plans?

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.