• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC78LTW modification info wanted.

R

RollingRadios

DG, you could simply adjust VR4 for audio and add a good fidelity mike you should be fine. If later you'd like a little more boost, a XForce X80 would be a fine add on.

Rollingradios@aol.com

Sales/Service/Installation

</p>

DG, you could simply adjust VR4 for audio and add a good fidelity mike you should be fine. If later you'd like a little more boost, a XForce X80 would be a fine add on.

Rollingradios@aol.com

Sales/Service/Installation

</p>

I just purchased this radio and was interested in information on modifications to it, I will be running this radio in my "big truck" and hence will most likely not be using an amp with it. What modifications iif any would you recommend for it? I am interested in making the audio loud without distortion. Or should I just leave it alone? -- I have heard supposed stock ones on the air and they sound fairly loud as is, but if it can be made better why not, right?

Here are some of the modifications that I have heard about. what are your opinions about these?

cut d32 to change ch9 to ch19 button (already did this and it works well)

Bridge the diode coming from the audio output transformer. (what does this do?)

peak VR4 up a tad.

I'm sure I cannot remember some of them I have read. I was going from memory here. Like all web information I believe about half of what I read. That is why I ask. I don't want to screw the radio up, and was just wondering what good (and for that matter bad) mods everyone else has done to there 29's and 78's. So here it is I guess. What works and what doesn't? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dan

FINALLY, its all back together......Now, all we need to do is figure out whereTHIS part goes.</p>

I just purchased this radio and was interested in information on modifications to it, I will be running this radio in my "big truck" and hence will most likely not be using an amp with it. What modifications iif any would you recommend for it? I am interested in making the audio loud without distortion. Or should I just leave it alone? -- I have heard supposed stock ones on the air and they sound fairly loud as is, but if it can be made better why not, right?

Here are some of the modifications that I have heard about. what are your opinions about these?

cut d32 to change ch9 to ch19 button (already did this and it works well)

Bridge the diode coming from the audio output transformer. (what does this do?)

peak VR4 up a tad.

I'm sure I cannot remember some of them I have read. I was going from memory here. Like all web information I believe about half of what I read. That is why I ask. I don't want to screw the radio up, and was just wondering what good (and for that matter bad) mods everyone else has done to there 29's and 78's. So here it is I guess. What works and what doesn't? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dan

FINALLY, its all back together......Now, all we need to do is figure out whereTHIS part goes.</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.