• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

unknown antenna

Anything work as good for omni directional use as a stationmaster on MURS?
Nope. A Stationmaster is basically a series of stacked 1/2 wave elements giving you all kinds of gain. You can make one out of coax and PVC pipe. Here is a design by my friend Mike:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/wa6svt.html

I spent time with Mike and watched him build another antenna for his club's 220 repeater that is still in use to this day. The guy is amazing!

This would also work for CB if you make the radiator 75' tall.

TDD6073 - ANTENNA 150.5-158.5 MHZ OMNI 5.25DB;
used extensively in analog & digital (statewide cross-LATA access) radio paging systems. Decibel Products DB-224 and DB-225 were also very similar in design and used for the same purpose. usually used with Motorola PURC radio paging transmitters which were adjustable anywhere from 50 - 350W output.

Last edited:
Those antennas go for about a grand new. If the fiberglass is not showing and it still has plenty of white paint it would be worth something. Otherwise you're looking at re-glassing it and that's a project in itself.

Changing frequencies involves changing the dimensions of all the copper elements inside, and that usually ruins the physical strength of the assembly. Better to leave it as is. Hams have used metal foil on the outside to electrically change where they resonate down to 2m but it isn't an ideal solution.

Keep it dry and out of the sun until you figure out what to do with it.

Oh, and shipping them is horrendous.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.