• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Van Ordt Powerstiks

cbshack

Apr 5, 2005
Central Florida
Has this antenna been discontinued? If so, what a shame. I have had good luck with these antennas in the past. Very well built, will take some power, and broad banded.

Northstar, I think that they made one of the best fiberglass antennas to date. I believe that they have been around since the early 80s. I have started to use the Titan Antennas and Skipshooters instead. Sorry to see them go. I remember that in another post that several shop owners used them also.

the Van Ordt PowerStik antennas are still alive and well. there is an exact replacement available and i have all model/lengths in stock. i also have limited quantities of the original Van Ordt PowerStiks available in the 4.5 and 5 foot models and when those are near depletion i will be saving a few of each for personal use.

performance wise the new PowerStik replacement series are every bit as good as the originals.

yes, Van Ordt is gone but the PowerStik antenna and the original design lives on.

Ben,

called you and no answer. checked out titanantennas web site.
i lost interest when i realized that the patent they referred to in their sales pitch regarding the triple x moonwalker was actually the patent for a "self propelling projectile for firearms".

funny stuff.

freecell said:
Ben,

called you and no answer. checked out titanantennas web site.
i lost interest when i realized that the patent they referred to in their sales pitch regarding the triple x moonwalker was actually the patent for a "self propelling projectile for firearms".

funny stuff.

could it have just been a typo ???? on that patent number ???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.