• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

varmint XL-350 Base linear

muzzle_blast

Gettin back into skip...
Feb 12, 2010
Creve Coeur, IL
I have a Varmint XL-350, I'm wanting to unload it and get something with a little more power and a little cleaner (as in bleed over in the neighbors stuff).

I tested this thing this past weekend and it works beautifully. I hooked up a bone stock radio that put out like 3.5 or 4 watts and it was keying around 90-100 watts swinging up to around the 475-500 zone just talking into it. I never tune with a toner because my voice isn't that high of a pitch and it has never made since to me to use a high pitch squeel for tuning...

What would be a decent price to ask for this? I was thinking of asking around $300 for it and all the tubes test over 100%. I found a pride, ceramic tube linear that I really want and have to unload the varmint first.

So is $300 too much to ask? Is there anyone on here that may be interested in it? If so let me know...

nice box
i run a modified xl250 that just has the extra tuber added like the 350
and just as you see i key around 50 and it swing to 450 and then bump it a little and then it keys 100 swings to 500

but mine dont bleed on the neighbors
good thing cuz i use mine as a little driver

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio