• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vintage Ten Tec 227 200 Watt HF Antenna Tuner

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Recently doubled my 80 Meter Horizontal Loop out to a 160 M. Radio's internal tuner taking the loop everywhere including 6 Meters excepting was not able to match it on 60 Meters. Sold my last outboard tuner a while back as I wasn't using it and it was a bigger pricey one so I reclaimed the money on the thing. So needed/wanted another outboard tuner to get on 60M. Saw a vintage Ten Tec 227 on eBay for what looked like a reasonable price. Found the specs online and seemed fine so I got it. Ten Tec's rather extensive tuner line have excellent reviews for being well-built and using good components. One exception is a few of their larger tuners which used a "string" to move a Band Dial across a couple of rollers - and the string would dry rot or whatever and break and need to be replaced .... but that was only on a couple of models and they were otherwise excellent. This 227 is a light duty tuner but found to be well made with lots of features. Has a unique 47 Point Tapped Inductor with the usual 2 variable capacitors. Has ports for 3 antennas and an additional port for connecting and external dummy load. Accepts both a Balanced Line and Single Wire Antennas on rear ports. After looking inside before using and spraying DeOxit on the switches and inductor, I put it to work and it is tuning the big Loop right on on 60M that was already partially resonant there. Would recommend picking up one of these if you can find and need one or put on the shelf for future use - seeing as they are rare. A website stated there is also a 228 which is the same plus has a meter. Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.59.40 PM.png

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated