• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Vortex Q82 Mark2 Exnec model

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
I can't explain why my model did not work with the specs that JAF0 and the Vortex Website published, but here is a scaled model using the dimensions I received. I set the model at 27.205 and used the dimensions I got for 27.185. I also used direct feed, just like the Website shows. I set the model at 36' feet to the feed point over Average Earth as a ground description.

When I scanned the model I found it resonant at 23.200 MHz. My model showed a very wide bandwidth of 3.90 MHz but not 4.37 MHz as reported. I scanned the model ordering the software to scale the dimensions to my CB frequency. Below are my results

The patterns look similar and the bandwidth, match, and angle are very good, but the model does not show the gain reported and the elements dimensions are much smaller than suggested.

1. The model over Real Earth.
2. The model in Free Space showing the Average Gain results.

I see the Vortex pattern did not copy well...so here is the video from Vortex with their antenna images.

Click on the large image of the antenna to start the video: http://www.vortexantennas.co.uk/shop/vortex-quasar-q82-mk2/

Attachments

• Vortex Mark2 ISO 27.205mhz 36'.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Vortex Mark2 27.205 mhz FS.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.