• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-150

Ron,

I have owned my VX-150 for nearly 4 years.
It is a decent 2 meter HT. Receive is comparable to my Radio Shack HTX-420 dual bander.

Easy to program and operate. Seems well made and pretty rugged.

I have no complaints about the HT other than this...
-It is a single band HT and I prefer a dual bander because there are several 440 repeaters in my area including one of the N3KZ linked repeaters.

-The external mic/speaker jack is a somewhat non standard plug, so you can't find inexpensive alternatives.

Thanks Paul. I am interested in this radio. I like the size and the features. I used to be able to get into the repeater system you spoke of when I used my groundplane. I guess I'll have to hook it back up. Maybe we could qso on 440. :)

I was wondering if there was an N3KZ repeater near you.
It is a great system and not too widely used so hook that groundplane up again and we can have a QSO :D

I was hitting the one around Willkes Barre or Harrisburg. I talked to a guy on it that said it covers around 5 states. I believe they have a system of 15 repeaters.

Yes, that is a good price.
I think I paid around $120 when I got mine.
I also got the battery case that holds AA batteries.

The radio definitely gets good reviews on eHam and it is a nice 2 meter HT. I see some aftermarket headsets on eBay for around $12.00. If it works that could be a good deal.

Good luck if you decide to get it. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.