• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

want to run more power in company big truck

H

hossless

Howdy, Is there any way (without a bigger alt.), to be able to run say, a 1200 watt amp? I drive a company big truck so, modification such as a larger alt is out of the question. I would guess the most wattage I would be able to crank at the present time safely would be somewhere well under 1200 watts. Or, do any of you know around what wattage one could safely run without any added extras? What ever type of "mod" I would need to do, would have to be removable at the end of my run, (can't leave anything in the truck).

Thanks, Hossless

Galaxy DX99v,
Astatic 636L,
Davemade 200,
Texas Ranger ext.spkr.,
Spectrum 1600/base,
Coily single coil and Coily trucker
</p>

Howdy, Is there any way (without a bigger alt.), to be able to run say, a 1200 watt amp? I drive a company big truck so, modification such as a larger alt is out of the question. I would guess the most wattage I would be able to crank at the present time safely would be somewhere well under 1200 watts. Or, do any of you know around what wattage one could safely run without any added extras? What ever type of "mod" I would need to do, would have to be removable at the end of my run, (can't leave anything in the truck).

Thanks, Hossless

Galaxy DX99v,
Astatic 636L,
Davemade 200,
Texas Ranger ext.spkr.,
Spectrum 1600/base,
Coily single coil and Coily trucker
</p>

I run a 2 driving 6 pill Xforce box in my 2000 660 Volvo with no problems. I've run 4ga direct to the batteries is all I've done.

My alt in this truck I believe is 135amp.

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

I run a 2 driving 6 pill Xforce box in my 2000 660 Volvo with no problems. I've run 4ga direct to the batteries is all I've done.

My alt in this truck I believe is 135amp.

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

I get 1Kw pep all day no problems. On my Fluke meter, 85 amps peak draw, 65 amps avg. Most big trucks are 135 amp alts. This Xbox I've got is class b. I couldn't run my Joker in this truck, but the xbox's that I have a straight six and a 2 driing six, I've had no problems. Most big trucks have six batteries. The amp draw on diesels is less than a gasser, even in a big truck.

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

I get 1Kw pep all day no problems. On my Fluke meter, 85 amps peak draw, 65 amps avg. Most big trucks are 135 amp alts. This Xbox I've got is class b. I couldn't run my Joker in this truck, but the xbox's that I have a straight six and a 2 driing six, I've had no problems. Most big trucks have six batteries. The amp draw on diesels is less than a gasser, even in a big truck.

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated