• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Want to use the cb pa switch for my led light switch

sundance561

stay in school kids...
Nov 17, 2012
western pa.
Want to use the cb pa switch for my led lights witch wires do i need to solder together to make just the cb side work I will
Run my power to the the bottom side of the switch then the lights on the top any help will help thanks

Ahhh; hacking a radio like that isn't really a great idea. Hate it when that happens. If it is just LED lights; then what is the big deal? Sorry; I just don't get it or you haven't explained what it is you want to accomplish. . . .

Last edited:
The p.a. function is a useful diagnostic tool. You can do a quick check of the audio section of your radio, mic's etc.

But if you must, just use a multimeter to see which wires have continuity through the switch, while you have the switch in cb position.

Reactions: 309hellinois
First which radio?
If it's a cobra 29, it is usually done by joining the brown and orange together(solder and shrink wrap), cap the others and now the radio is in cb rec only.
The easy way is to use the blank post on the bright dim switch, if you test there with your voltmeter you will see that you have voltage when switched to dim.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.