• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What amp to use after Doc's

EDUK8TR

That amp should work fine with your 2600. The 40-50 watts on SSB should not be a problem. I am planning on getting the same amp to use with my 2510 (also done by docs) on base. I asked RR if it would work well with my 2510 and he indicated that this amp was an excellent choice to run with my 2510. Hope this helps.

Wayne C.

CDX-787

Magna Force 900

HR2600 & HR 2510

MR. COILY Single Coil

Every man is a damn fool for at least 5 minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

educate-01sig

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=eduk8tr>EDUK8TR</A> at: 2/26/03 6:12:29 pm

Have Doc do the variable power mod and you'll have no problem at all!

<span style="color:yellow;font-family:verdana;font-size:medium;">CDX 951</span>
HR2600 003 (2).jpg

<span style="color:yellow;font-family:verdana;font-size:medium;">DOC'S RADIOS ROCK!</span>

</p>

Adjust the AM carrier on the radio so the MF400 keys 100w out AM. The ssb will be fine.

Wm. Warlock "71 and the long limousine in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

Hey Guys,

Been real busy with a new job, so i had to put the forum and my radios behind for a little while, Back in full swing though!!

I've been meaning to send my 2600 to Doc for a while now. Well it's finally going to get done!

What is a good amp to run after he does his magic?? The reason i ask is that some have said that the 2600 will do 40-50 watts. I don't know about the dead key???

I have a MagnaForce 400, also i use a Astatic 575 mike on the radio.

Will this combo sound good after Doc's work or will i have problems overdriving the amp.

Thanks folks

take care

black_3.gif

Steve CDX 439, Central AL.</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=439downsouth>439DownSouth</A> at: 2/26/03 3:48:02 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.