• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What happened to nomad radio

Oct 23, 2005
Where is nomad radio, That guy still has one of my pride dx 300's, I sure would like it back, hope no one else is sending him anything,because you probably will never see it again, I sent it to him last june and have never been able to catch up with him since. thats a bunch of crap in my book!! 44 in the desert

nomad just posted something here on the forums a few days ago so I'm sure he's still around.

8)

Master Chief said:
Last post from Nomad was Sept 12, 2006. I'll give him a call.

Chris is one of the most reliable Engineer in the area, he is probably swamped and busy, he's certainly not out here "stealing" equipment.

If I remembered correctly, he doesn't do mail-in service because it is hard to follow up and, in all probability there's something going on in the background so that guys cannot get stuff repaired locally.

dx300

That's A crappy thing to do, I would never not respond to a customer in regards to to their property, june was a long time to not hear anything, 9 months that's some Terrible customer service. There's a differnce between being busy and being a crook! Until I hear other wise that's where it stands, If you defend this kind of business practice then your cut from the same cloth... 44 in the desert

just like ebay feedback scores; a reputation's purpose is to instill confidence in the customer, should there be a problem, that it will be rectified.

i agree, that IF nomad has your amp, and IF he is receiving your correspondance, and just igoring you; that is very bad business practice.

a long standing reputation for honest and competent radio work should give him the benefit of the doubt when asking these IF questions.

do you have his phone #?
are you sure your emails are getting through?
a guy like nomad is too busy to be checking 500 bulk mail messages every day.

did you get a tracking # for the package you sent him?
have you confirmed with him that it even got there?
was it insured?

the reason im asking these questions is to give you some perspective.
if nomad has no idea that you are trying to reach him, then he has no idea how much he is inadvertantly pissing you off.

again, he's been around a long time, and is quite respected in the big circles.
he didnt get this reputation by stealing equipment.
and im pretty sure that amp is not worth enough for him to retire.LOL

i agree that you have a legitimate beef here, and i would want my stuff too.
BUT!
you sent the radio to nomad instead of someone else for a reason.
keep those reasons in mind.
i hope you get in touch with him.
if i find a business # for him, i'll post it here.
loosecannon

Call him. He is a fine fellow. He usually doesn't take repair projects by mail. He is a "walk in" tec. He does more work by appointment. If you are in Louisville, go by. If you aren't call him.

Great guy!!

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.