• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What has the ARRL done for you?

GLR

Keeping It Good Natured
Oct 9, 2007
I'll tell you what it has done for me.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I made a huge mistake ever sending them any money and I promise you it will never happen again. I'm sure many will disagree so I pose the question...

What has the ARRL done for you?

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I am a huge fan of the BPL idea. Rather than attack it from all angles, I believe the ARRL should have worked with those providers to find a way around the interference issues which in todays world should certainly be possible.

they gave me a free poster of HAM frequency allocation and bandplans, and sent me a free magazine in the mail.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I am a huge fan of the BPL idea. Rather than attack it from all angles, I believe the ARRL should have worked with those providers to find a way around the interference issues which in todays world should certainly be possible.

I isn't technically possible as power lines are not coaxial and shielded. They will radiate...

Cable company signal leakage is bad enough, but open radiators would have been a disaster.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.