• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is everyones favorite radio out there and why?

Hi then and hello again,

Wow,Chargers forum is attracting a who's who of the

rf world,good to be in all this good company.73's all "rookies"

good to see ya!

Now on to the buisness of the day..........

* Mobile's *

Best button farm goes to...........RCI 2950

Best SSB rig............................HR2510

Best Export (AM)......................Connex 3300HP

Best overall CB.........................Grant XL (148GTL)

*Base Station's*

I don't know ! I never used one,I'm to cheap !

I borrowed a 2990 once and it worked well

I do like the sound of those Cobra 2000's (meaty)

CDX711 S. Nevada

lostit.gif

IS THIS THING GETTIN' OUT ?

Galaxy99 W/SP1A* Magum4500 * Thunder 8 XB
(4WD:148gtl w/sp1a *T-Star667 * Tri Quad Mobile Array
Kenworth:Connex 3300hp * Dual Solarcon 5/8 wave power stick's
</p>

HR2510,148GTL 80's version,got a lincoln on the way,hope that radio serves me as well as my 2510 did.

"Lots of folks confuse bad management with destiny."</p>

One of my friends has a Kenwood TS-2000. If I could ever afford one, it would be my favorite radio.

CDX283 Galaxy DX55V w/dual finals Astatic Mobile Max&636 Joker Box LD800 Wilson 5K Magnum257 Magnum 4500 Wilson 2K Cobra 29LTD CA79, RS TRC-495 Antron 99 Kenwood TM-G707A MFJ 2m/440 mag</p>

In the mobile i would have to say Grant XL/LT. For the base station, i still love my old browning MarkIII. But i also like the sound of those 2000GTL's

</p>

I have had many favorites over the years and those that saw my list on the EEI forum have an idea of how many rigs I have. My favorites change all the time but if I absolutely had to make a decision to get rid of all my mobiles but 1 and all my bases but one, it would actually be an easy decision. For the base, I'd have to keep my old 858 chipped President Washington and for mobile, I'd have to keep a Uniden Grant XL. I'd keep both for the exact same reasons. The build quality can't be beat and they are both easy to modify. Just try to name me a feature that any other radio has and I can tell you how to add it for either radio.

I know I can get more features for the buck from some of the other radios but they still won't have the build quality of either of these radios. Later

biohaz01.gif

BIOHAZARD/ 613 OR/ AE-613/ 2DK9</p>

I like my rci2970 with my D104 Mic, I like the radio because i can dial different frequencies, also the radio comes with a built in amplifier, I also like the looks of the radio! I love the D104 Mic because it is in tune with my voice and it keeps the power of the radio up, Jimbo from the lakes!

Jimbo from the lakes of Michigan! Have a great day and make it a safe one!</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.