• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is that NMO-mount connector?

C2

Aug 3, 2005
The one that usually comes on the coax end for the radio when you buy an NMO style mount and cable. It is about 3/16 threaded with a small center female. I just wanted to get an adapter--whatever male-to-UHF male, like all the radios have :?

I just dont feel like cutting it off and soldering now.

Yea, that's right FME.

Are you sure it is the same as mini-uhf? This adapter seems to imply there is a difference:

http://www.wpsantennas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=54

The center pin in the MUHF just looks too big.

Same thing at the Amphenol site. Anyway, nobody else around has these adapters so I guess I'm just gonna have to cut it off. I'm ready to tune my antenna and get it mounted.

Never mind. :oops: Eyeballs not working too well tonight.Brain either. :LOL: They are in fact NOT the same as mini-UHF. I should have known better.I was holding exactly what you want in my hand when I posted. No you cannot have it I need it for my 2m antenna. LOL.I know some mail order houses have them but I suppose you do not want to wait?

I just could not wait. That is the only one of those type of connectors I had anyway, so it will be transformed into an adapter for the inevitable other scenario.

BTW, I'm happy with the tuning.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.