• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What to do with bent up junked working DX-40?

T23

Apr 17, 2010
I got another DX-40 in, damaged in shipping, it works but the case and the chassis is bent along the middle as if the weight of the transformer and the chokes weight bent it in rough shipping. The tank coil has been damaged but still works aswell.

Any Ideas?

I was thinking of building another transmitter with the parts, It has 2 6cl6, a 6de7 modulator, a 12by7a and a 5u4gb rectifier tube I believe.

I was thinking a vfo could be built with on of the 6cl6 tubes and the final could be reworked.

T23

Return it to stock condition, it'd be worth more. Wanna VFO? Build one, but don't 'rob' the DX-40 to do so, no point in that. Just wanna tinker around, see what happens? It's yours, do whatever...
- 'Doc

DX40

I don't know if you should rebuild all of it since it does work, just straightened it out as best as you can..I would also be after the shipper, I always raise the devil with UPS, they now put my packages down instead of tossing them..down on the vehicle hood and one time in the drive.
See you on 75 am maybe..
DOCTOR

I might consider trading or selling it, but the shipping weight I would rather not bother with, I ahve a nice working dx-40, still trying to figure out the the modification on that one with a TX swithching relay, it has a 4-pin mic plug where the key jack should be, and the key jack has been moved to the back.
It modulates well with the MC-60 mic I have set to 50k ohm impedance.

What I cant figure out is it does not seem that the relay is switching, but it transmits fine AM when switched to the "Phone" setting. But it is supossed to be swithced with the added TX relay from the mic pins.

I would be intrested in a receiver and dow-key switch to go with my good dx-40 if anyone has one for a good price.

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.