• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHATEVER HAPPEN TO AMPSRUS AND THE COL.?

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I was wondering what happen to that wesite I have talked with this guy on the phone he was in florida and they were making these Anaconda amplifiers. I cant seem to find the site anymore I believe it was amps r us or something of the sort anyone know who Im thinking of?? Or you all lost?? Am I just losing my marbles?? :w00t:

the col and the website owner had a falling out of sorts .the col left and the website is now called rednecks although the web address is still ampsrus.org.
the anaconda line of amps are now called lip zippers and being built by the same guy ...one eye jack.

The col had ampsrus.net, an online store that sold fatboy, xforce (for a while), and the anaconda line of amps. He and a guy called redneck went in on a forum at ampsrus.org. Redneck and the col had a disagreement and redneck stole the col's forum and basically kicked him out. Many feel that he only used the col to get started in the business as almost immediately he contacted the col's suppliers and even the person building amps or the col and those people now deal directly with redneck.

Redneck is not to be trusted.

The col had ampsrus.net, an online store that sold fatboy, xforce (for a while), and the anaconda line of amps. He and a guy called redneck went in on a forum at ampsrus.org. Redneck and the col had a disagreement and redneck stole the col's forum and basically kicked him out. Many feel that he only used the col to get started in the business as almost immediately he contacted the col's suppliers and even the person building amps or the col and those people now deal directly with redneck.

Redneck is not to be trusted.
I hate being used, Just ask Mr. Curatola.

Ok atleast I know I had it right with the AmpsRUs thing LOL. I rememember talkin to the COL. about 2 years agao and he explained how he was ripped off vy this other guy he was telling me he and this guy were working on a website and this other guy changed the name and all the codes and passwords so the Col> couldnt get into it even LMAO!! I was like WTF!!?? Nice partner.

Anyways from a lengthly converstaion I and him had I thought he seemed pretty decent and straight forward hell the guy even told me things he didnt have to it was a pretty cool phone conversation considering Im not a guy that really likes to sit and talk on the phone.

So this Col. guy hes now done then or can he still be reached somehow? Thanks for the information or replies I was sitting here last5night looking for the guys site and coudnt find it but was redirected to this redneck forum and so I couldnt remember forsure if this was the guy he had the falling out with or what the hell the deal was. What a shame :unsure:

GLR is %100 on the money about what happened with the col. and the ampsrus forum . i just got off the phone with frank/col. , hes out of the cb business . he thought about taking legal action on redneck , but decided it just wasnt worth it . he did say he whished he had got the criminal background check on him befor he got in with him rather than after there was an issue , would have saved him all the BS if he had known his history up front .

hes got a sporting goods shop now and spends a lot of time fixing and modifying black guns . hes healthy and fine and happy . ;)

GLR is %100 on the money about what happened with the col. and the ampsrus forum

I'm always 100% on the money, I'm just that good.

he did say he whished he had got the criminal background check on him befor he got in with him rather than after there was an issue , would have saved him all the BS if he had known his history up front .

Larry has a criminal record? Tell us more.

I try to sit back and keep my mouth shut on discussions such as this, but
I find myself unable to sit back and listen to this without having my say.

1. I hereby disagree agreeably with most of you on your interpretation of the facts concerning what went on at Amps r Us. My how quickly those of you that have been booted from the sight forget how the Col was behaving there at the end. He was turning it into another CBRT as far as anyone mentioning anything or anyone that did not fit his idea of how the forum should be run or whose products could be discussed.
When he resorted to screaming in nearly all of his posts it was obvious that he was a bit on the unstable side.

2. Booty; you sung the Col's praises until he booted you. you also sung Redneck's praises until Killroy booted you. I fear you will soon run out of forums as your posts in the Ampower thread about CBRC will more than likely end in the same way. I have a hard time understanding where you come from sometimes.
Yes, please do elaborate on Redneck's criminal background if you would. Facts if you please, none of your usual "He said" or "I read" bullshit.
If you have no facts, I respectfully request that you close your pie hole.

3. Mack, GLR and the rest please overlook my little rant here. I know nothing of you fine people and will tender no opinions concerning your comments.

Respectfully,

My impression is like this.

Consider the 419 nigerian scam. Who is more to blame, the scammer in nigeria? or the gullible victim?

Seems to me the Col was a bit clueless about the internet in general by allowing redneck to own the whole forum and domain name and all. Seems like he was setting himself up to be taken advantage of.

Also, you have to consider if his CB business could be taken down by a web forum, perhaps that business was weak to begin with.

Of course I could be mistaken, but thats what it looks like from here.

the col never booted me . i dont know what youre talking about . redneck booted me the day he took the froum from the col. because i mentioned the col. name . i dont recall singing rednecks praises ever . i got along with him till his true colors showed .
if you want to know about rednecks past and you dont want "he said" or "i read" answers id suggest investing your own money into a background check about him .
and i like my pie hole just the way it is , if you dont then deal with it as best as you can .

anyhow , the OP's question was answered .
you%20cant%20handle%20the%20truth2%282%29.jpg

dudmuck , the col had no idea how to do a forum , so he trusted redneck . loosing the forum didnt cause him to go under . he just got tired of the bullshit associated with folks hooking stuff up backwards and expecting him to cover the cost of their ignorance .

the last time i was on red forum was earlier in the year as kingfatman . befor that i was MR.420 .

LOL , you cant really ban people , hehehe . who ever killroy banned a month ago wasnt me .
LMAO , anymore straws you want to grab at ?

My sources deep inside webtv have informed me that Larry is not one to be messed with. This will not end well :(

ice ice baby

the last time i was on red forum was earlier in the year as kingfatman . befor that i was MR.420 .

LOL , you cant really ban people , hehehe . who ever killroy banned a month ago wasnt me .
Many are banished due to good propaganda tactics.:D

No. I will surrender to your superior intellect now and go lick my wounds.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio