• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where Can I Buy Aluminum tubing reasonable.???

jonbah

Apr 2, 2005
Good Ole US of A
www.jonbah.com
I've been looking for a source for aluminum tubing, the 3/8", 1/2" and 5/8" seem to be tough to find.! Any Ideas.

Thanks

706MIIG.gif

AMERICAN JACKRABBIT 125 :) HI HI</p>

Hello Jonbah:

Yeah this isn't a easy task!

I don't know where your located, but the larger cities one can find a metal supply house. They sometimes will sell the Aluminum Tubing, what your looking for is the 6063 T832, .058 inches wall thickness. That will allow the tubing to "TELESCOPE" inside each other. Might want to check it out before you buy it.

Measuring the wall thickness of aluminum tubing is not a simple one, as the tubing is round and small as compared to a tape measure or even a 6 inch scale. So getting the wall thickness measurement WRONG is real easy, be advised. I use a special Micrometer that is designed to measure such tubing, its about 100 dollars. Or I have a sample of the tubing I need and will check to see if it will fit into the tubing I am buying.

My experencies with the tubing suppliers is one of a long arguememt and almost had a fist fight on the shop floor. Boy was I hot that day!

Or look here:

www.texastowers.com/aluminum.htm

Let us know how you make out

Jay in the Mojave

www.a1antennas.com

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jayinthemojave>Jay in the Mojave</A> at: 12/13/03 9:16 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?