• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why I bought an I-10K...

Gearhead

Feb 4, 2007
I just found these pics, lol. They were taken in june, first storm the antenna had to experience. Had worse since then, to the point that the top hat radials are bent upward :)
100_2026.jpg

100_2024.jpg

I forgot I even had them. I found them when i was looking for other pics.
It takes quite a bit to bend a I-10K over like that. Those pics were taken in 70+ mph winds.

Gearhead said:
I forgot I even had them. I found them when i was looking for other pics.
It takes quite a bit to bend a I-10K over like that. Those pics were taken in 70+ mph winds.

How tall is that tower???
the way it seems, looks like the tower would come down before than antenna would bend. I can see how jay really stands behind his equipment. He doesnt need to worry. haha 73's

I need to take a pic from farther away to really show the difference in size between the antenna/tower and the house, LOL. It looks funny because my house is so small. It's an old 1 room schoolhouse 24x28, basically the size of a 2 car garage.

Gearhead said:
I need to take a pic from farther away to really show the difference in size between the antenna/tower and the house, LOL. It looks funny because my house is so small. It's an old 1 room schoolhouse 24x28, basically the size of a 2 car garage.
copy on the QRP Shack

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.